Subject: Re: Meter Callibration
From: "Peter Jon White" <pjwhite@tiac.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 19:55:50 +0000

Steve asks,

Is it possible that the Leica Meter is accurate at low light levels,
> but slightly off when the light is stronger?

Greetings,

Are you certain that you were metering the exact same thing? If one
meter has a different angle of sensitivity, that could throw things
off.

That aside, there are two adjustment screws inside the case of the
MR4 meter. Turning either screw changes the null point of the meter.
I have asked Leica how they should be adjusted but they refuse to
say, wanting instead for me to send them the meter for a very
expensive calibration. I have managed to calibrate the meter for my
use but if anyone knows exactly what the set screws do it might be
helpful.

Peter Jon White