Subject: Re: IC go home.
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 21:15:27 -0500

At 11:21 AM 2/24/97 +1100, Alastair Firkin
 wrote:
>the Leica M series has a unique
>opportunity - to make a camera with the electronics >designed to be
upgradable and serviceable for 10-40 years.

Well, I guess that's a nice speculation but, even there, I don't WANT a
camera that's only serviceable for 40 years.  My IIIc is right at its
half-century point and there's not a reason in the world, even given my
sometimes-less-than-gentle treatment, why it won't last ANOTHER fifty
years.  And I regularly shoot with a sixty-year-old Super Ikonta B and some
Prewar Contaxes.  No, forty years is way too short for my tastes!

If Leica adopts an electronic anything and calls it an M7, the mechanical
Leica is spurlos versunkt.

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!