Subject: Re: Re:Leica M: object of desire?-The future !!
From: "Don Bledsoe" <dbledsoe@micron.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 14:13:07 -0700

> From: Lucien <100774.527@CompuServe.COM>

> - TTl flash system (but no flash on board)
> - synchro 250
> - speed from 4s to 4000/s
> - motor (maybe like the R8 winder, one you can remove if you don't need
it but
> who look like he is part of the body)
> - better view with tele objective and wide angle
> - one bright-line at the time for each focal or a zoom viewfinder (1 X
> magnification) that you can select with a wheel.(for preview)
> - same lenses
> - speed choice in the viewfinder + flash recycling
> - size of the spot meter (a real one, like M5) in the viewfinder
> - handgrip included
> - a silent mode, like hexar
> - a longer base for the rangefinder
> - no red leica logo or other inscription on the front of the camera like
M3, M2,
> M4 (for the discretion)
> - DX system for the film
> - etc...

You have essentially described one more in an already too long list of
battery dependent cameras.  What you are asking for is a manual focus (M
bayonet mount) Contax G2.  Why?  I would never ever want my M camera to be
like my G camera.  If Leica ever decides to make something as horrible as
you described I only hope and pray they continue making the M6 for the rest
of us.  I do not want motors.  In the viewfinder I want... well I want the
view.  I do not want numbers, characters, flashing lights, buzzers,
needles, or lightening bolts.  The M6 has all the flash in the finder I
care to tolerate.

Don