Subject: Looks and Feels Cheap Re: Handgrip M
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 08:49:34 -0700

LUGs,

I just don't understand this thing about having to have a hand grip. If you
want a hand grip, buy a Nikon F5 or another representative of the new
motorized vunderplastick generation of cameras. Go all the way. In my
opinion, the M cameras are too big already. If only Leica would make an M
the size of a IIIf or, may be, IIIg.

The best thing about this grip is that it may save your base plate from
damage due to tripod mounting. IMHO, this new grip looks and feels cheap.

Best of Light,

Chris

At 10:33 AM 2/16/97 EST, you wrote:
>>It=B4s also interesting to find out that Leica itself apparently is =
>>making a grip for the M-cameras. Does anyone know where one can see =
>>it, or when it will reach the dealers?
>
>I have seen around six of them at the last Photokina mounted on demo's
Leica M6,