Subject: Re: Handgrip M
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 13:52:43 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 15 Feb 1997, Claes Bjerner wrote:

> >We may be speaking of two different grips. The one I have is in two
> >parts. The base plate attaches to the base of the camera via the
> >tripod socket. The grip section attaches to the grip's base with two
> >small allen screws in front. To leave the baseplate on the camera,
> >(to protect the camera's baseplate), you need to remove the grip from
> >the grip's base. For that you need an allen wrench.
> >
> >Is there another type on the market?
> >
> >Peter Jon White
>=20
> Hi Peter,
>=20
> No, we are definitely speaking about the same grip, the US made M-Grip. I=
 just never figured out why anyone would like to separate the handgrip from=
 its bottom part. Using it just as a protection for the Leica baseplate nev=
er came to my mind. I only referred to large screw that attaches the M-grip=
 to the baseplate. Please blame it on my poor understanding of the English =
language. I simply didn=B4t understand what an "allen wrench" was. Now I kn=
ow, thank you. Peter. And I=B4ll never again doubt the strengths of your fi=
ngers.
>=20
> It=B4s also interesting to find out that Leica itself apparently is makin=
g a grip for the M-cameras. Does anyone know where one can see it, or when =
it will reach the dealers?
>=20
> Claes
>=20
>=20
Actually, I believe that there were two versions of the U.S.-made
grip. The current one puts the tripod socket in the middle of
the camera, and the one I have puts the tripod socket in the
middle of the lens. Correct me if I'm not correct, please.
Ed Meyers