Subject: Re: Handgrip M
From: Claes Bjerner <claes.bjerner@pi.se>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 97 15:15:48 -0000

>We may be speaking of two different grips. The one I have is in two
>parts. The base plate attaches to the base of the camera via the
>tripod socket. The grip section attaches to the grip's base with two
>small allen screws in front. To leave the baseplate on the camera,
>(to protect the camera's baseplate), you need to remove the grip from
>the grip's base. For that you need an allen wrench.
>
>Is there another type on the market?
>
>Peter Jon White

Hi Peter,

No, we are definitely speaking about the same grip, the US made =
M-Grip. I just never figured out why anyone would like to separate =
the handgrip from its bottom part. Using it just as a protection for =
the Leica baseplate never came to my mind. I only referred to large =
screw that attaches the M-grip to the baseplate. Please blame it on =
my poor understanding of the English language. I simply didn=B4t =
understand what an "allen wrench" was. Now I know, thank you. Peter. =
And I=B4ll never again doubt the strengths of your fingers.

It=B4s also interesting to find out that Leica itself apparently is =
making a grip for the M-cameras. Does anyone know where one can see =
it, or when it will reach the dealers?

Claes