Subject: Re: Elmar 3,5/50, Elmar 4/90, Summarit 1,5/50
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 17:42:04 -0500

Mr. Puts, I was wondering if you might have a chance to test the
Summarit at smaller apertures against the 50mm Elmar.  The texts I
have claim that this lens was optimized for good performance at f/4.
It would be interesting to see how it performs by comparison with
other lenses of the time and also with current lenses at this
aperture.  (Presumably your optical test bench is in use for other
reasons than to satisfy the curiosity of LUG members, but if you have
the time, I think we'd all find this interesting.)

- -Patrick