Subject: Re: XTOL and TMAX 100 (was "what the hell is...")
From: "Stefan Kahlert" <uzs13b@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 23:11:31 +0000

> It appears that the high-lights are thin, implying underdevelopment.  I
> exposed the film at an EI of about 80, developed in XTOL 1:1 for 10 min =
at
> 20=BA C.  The same results for two separate rolls (one 35mm, the other 1=
20).
> I have also used XTOL with HP5 film, following Kodak's recomendations, w=
ith
> excellent results.  It is only with TMAX that I am a little fearful of u=
sing
> it without further testing.

Don't worry. I see the same every time I compare old emulsions
against new ones. Actually: FP4+ against Delta 100, both souped
in ID11 and (last night) TMAX 400 against HP5+ in Xtol.

All negatives gave/suppose will give  me nice prints.

best regards

Stefan

- --
Stefan Kahlert,
Medizinische Poliklnik der Universitaet Bonn
uzs13b@uni-bonn.de