Subject: Re: Xtol developer
From: "Roger Suppona" <suppona@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 19:41:01 +0000

Everyone's mileage (and water, and cameras, and lenses) varies. I'm
finding my development times are close to what Kodak recommends.
And I'm getting speeds that approach ISO.  Where I used to give up
1/2 to 1 stop, I'm getting the rated speed or 1/3 stop less.  I also
use a condensor head.

Generally speaking, I only use normal development.  The variety of
contrast ranges that can occur on one 35mm roll makes contractions
or expansions impractical.  VC paper, burning and dodging take up
the slack.  Sometimes I'll have a roll that is pretty consistent in
contrast range.  Those rolls get plus or minus development, but
that's the exception.

Roger