Subject: Re: What the hell's a FIE?
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 00:15:25 -0700

LUGs,

I believe that FIE was introduced to this list by that shameless
self-promoter who recently co-authored the book on Zeiss cameras, East and
West. Incidentally, the cyclop on the front cover scares my dog Fluffy
(actually my daughter thinks that he is her dog) who is of Pommeranian
persuasion.

I wish to add that the latest Viewfinder contains a review of that famous
book, which goes to great lengths to illustrate why Contax lost the market
battle with Leica. According to the reviewer, the book is OK and should be
of interest to Leica people who use screw-mount cameras. Only the publisher
is faulted for not doing a better job. Personally, I like the picture of the
Nokton. I only wish that someone would be willing to part with his or hers
so that I can evaluate it against the Summarit 50mm/1.5.

Personally, I find the human engineering side of Zeiss Ikon cameras to be
more than lacking. Anyway, I must get back to my printing. TriX and Rodinal
do mix, but I wish there was something with smaller grain. Any opinions out
there on Tmax 100?

Best of Light,

Chris