Subject: Re[2]: 85-90 M and SM lenses
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 97 08:03:09 PST

     Hi Stephen,

       What Nikkor lens do you think is best in 80 to 135 range for SLR?
     Thank you in advance.

     David
     seungmin@luxcom.com

Yes, I was referring to Nikkors.  As I understand it, both were
adaptations of the Sonnar design, but lens design is not a strong point
of mine.  I care more about performance and marketprice.

In the late 50's and early 60's, the Nikkors probably had the best
reputation in LTM, better in fact than the Leitz or Canon lenses of the
time.

The 85/2 was the best selling Nikkor Portrait lens until the 105 was
introduced, then 85/2 sales dried up.

the 105 can be safely considered on of the best lenses ever made in LTM.

Stephen Gandy