Subject: Re: VIDOM?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 19:24:49 -0500

At 01:31 PM 1/29/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Is the VIDOM finder the one w/ 35 - 135mm frame lines? When an example gets
>cloudy can it be restored? What does one look like?

I'm not certain what your query is.  There are a slew of Leica VF but the
most common, by far, is the Wartime and Post-war IMARECT type, aka VIOOH.
All Leica VF provide 35 to 135 frames, though the collectors tend to
ejaculate over the presence of 73mm and 85mm frames as well.  The 'normal'
range is 35-50-90-135.  A 28mm accessory lens was made as well:  this is now
a 'rare collectible' and I will cheerfully sell you mine, as I use the Carl
Zeiss Jena 436/70 when I need a 28mm frame.

If an IMARECT is cloudy -- and most are -- the first step is to disassemble
and clean with alcohol or the like.  The prisms generally get cloudy from
surface crud over time.  Try wiping all this off and seeing whether that
helps.  If not, you probably need a professional rebuild.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!