Subject: Leica R 19mm Question
From: Jorge Saravia Ríos <jsaravia@riscadmin.uniandes.edu.co>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 15:19:57 +0500

To the Leica Group:

I am not sure if the topic of my question has already been discused here, if
so sorry about it.

I am looking for a 19mm wide angle R lens, I have read that it uses internal
filters, since I am a mountain climber I would like to be able to protect
the front element.  My question is about the posiblity of using  normal (
front attached screw mount ) filters, and,  If I can use a front filter,
should I look for  wide angle filters ?

Thanks in advance.

Jorge Saravia.