Subject: Re: HC110 Developing
From: Stephen Sherman <ssherman@shermanphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 15:25:25 +0000

I have been souping Tmax 100 in HC-1110 dilution B for
years and it's great!
I process @ 68 and pull back the time 30 sec.
Negatives print out without a hitch on my Focomat IIc

On the other hand I think Tmax 400 just plain sucks. The
only thing it's got is fine grain,. It has no
latitude,contrat is poor,poor toe, over exposure is death
to the film. If the highlights are burned out it will
never print right.
My favorite 400 film is Ilforf HP5 plus . It's truley an
enhanced Tri-x. It still has the wonderfull sparkle and
contrast of Tri-x and terrific latutude. It also has finer
grain and shrapness than Tr-x. I soup it in Ilfotec
HC-Ilford's answer to Hc-110.