Subject: HC110 Developing
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 10:43:19 -0700

Greg,

Thank you for your comments on the HC100. My procedures are similar to yours
when I use Rodinal and TriX. I agree with you that consistency and
discipline are essential for good results, especially in 35mm. (I am an
amateur with very limited practical experience, not a professional like you.)

I am especially happy with your comment on negative density when using Tmax.
Flanagan did tell me that his negative densities appear to be a bit low.

I am interested in Tmax, because it promises to offer less grain than TriX.
I find the grain in TriX objectionable when I need to print on 8x10.

In your message you did not mention the processing temperatures. Normally,
Tmax chemistry uses higher temperatures. For HC110, I would expect to use 20
Centigrade (68F) and somewhat longer developement times than for TriX.

Would you comment on this?

Thank you,

Chris