Subject: Back to HC110
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 17:52:58 -0700

LUGs,

Two members of LUG informed me today that Rodinal may not last very long
after the bottle has been opened. I was not aware of this.

Also, I did not know that HC110 can be mixed directly and that the syrup has
a very long shelf life. Flanagan (a local "expert") also believes that this
is the case.

If this is so, I will experiment with HC110 in the near future. Meanwhile, I
plan to take my Tmax3200 to the local "pro" laboratory. I know that they use
Tmax developer, because they developed my TriX in it before. The reason for
this is that the roll has images of my daughter using X-mas light
illumination. (If I see coma, I shall so report. Incidentally, I used my
trusty Type-2 50mm Summicron.)

I plan to experiment with Tmax emulsions, because they promise better grain
characteristics than TriX.

By the way, since water quality appears to be a factor, why don't the
manufacturers recommend using distilled water, which can be bought in
supermarkets?

Again, I wanted to thank Greg and Chuck for sharing their knowledge with us.

Regards,

Chris