Subject: Re: battery cap and other oddball parts
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 1997 17:17:50 -0500

At 03:35 PM 1/9/97 -0500, Dan C. wrote:

>I have been following this thread with some interest.  The battery cover on
>my M6 (Wetzlar, 1704xxx) seems very secure.  If anything it is too tight.  I
>sometimes have trouble removing it.  I can't imagine it coming undone by
>itself.  I'm wondering if a design change has taken place between my M6 and
>current models.

Well, mine's a Wetzlar, 1665445, and the battery cover does, on occasion,
work loose.  But, as Brian Levy pointed out, routine tightening of threaded
components is a price of owning fine mechanical devices which are routinely
subjected to rather savage treatment.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!