Subject: 135mm M Lenses
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 1997 09:41:39 -0500

I currently own the 4/135 Elmar, the 4/135 Tele-Elmar, and a
first-generation 2.8/135.  All are fine lenses and all out-perform the
Hektor, of which I've owned five exemplars.
Personally, I favour the 4/135 for optical performance, but the 2.8/135 is
also a superb lens, albeit large and clunky.  The Tele-Elmar is a small,
light optic which doesn't take up a lot of space in a camera bag and it,
too, will easily provide greater contrast, resolution, and sharpness than
the Hektor.

None of this is to say that the Hektor is a 'bad' lens.  But it isn't up to
later standards.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!