Subject: Re: Aspherical Blank Molding Technology
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 1997 08:39:43 -0500

At 09:10 PM 1/2/97, Dennis wrote:

>Anybody have any idea _how_ they do that?  Mold lenses from glass that is.
>How can they come out of a mold without needing any polishing, or do they?

I have a slew of Docter literature (yes, they have a Zeiss connexion, having
purchased the East German Carl Zeiss Jena binocular works at Eisfeld when
the Germanies united) and the blank-molding technology seems to be just
that:  you get an aspherical blank which needs final polishing.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!