Subject: Re: I'm new to this
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 13:08:33 -0700 (MST)

>I know it will be sad to some of
>you that I have, probably, a good camera and I don't know much about it.

>I would like some advice, if anyone could spare the
>time.

No one would be sad to have another Leica user on the planet. You mentioned
that your husband bought you a flash, yet your URL is John Babcock - are you
John's wife? One must never make assumptions in these complicated times,
same sex marriages and all that... What is your name so that we can all
address you correctly?

As for your camera, the Leica, what is the serial number? And that on the lens?

As for the problem with the flash: it would be helpful if we knew which
Leica it is (the serial number will reveal that) so as to better understand
the problem. Does your Bronica have a hot shoe (does it need a flash cord in
order to trigger the flash)? Does the Leica have what apears to be an
electrical contact in the center of the shoe that the flash slides into?

As for your pictures: not everyone here is particularly good at making
photo's. I'd guess that there are even a few who don't use their beloved
cameras (groan). This being said, keep shooting and time will provide
improvement.

Welcome, ask all the questions you like and don't be shy about stirring
things up once in a while - I'm certainly not.

,/8^|