Subject: Re: Tripod adapter for M cameras?
From: "Jeff Segawa" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: 22 Dec 96 19:38:36 -0600

>I'd like to be able to use M bodies on a tripod but I can't get on with
the tripod socket being at the end. I know the M-grips are supposed to
have a central tripod socket, which leads me to ask- is there a tripod
adapter that does this for M cameras that is generally available?

Joe, for some reason, your postings all appear as blank documents with text
file enclosures; not difficult to read, just a little bothersome due to the
extra step involved.

You might check with Really Right Stuff for a tripod QR plate. If I
remember to get around to it, I'll be creating my own custom Leica M QR
plate (to fit the Perfected Photo Products clamp-looks very much like the
Arca Swiss system, but I dunno if the dimensions are the same) If it works
well, I might consider offering others around-it sure would help to pay for
the new milling machine that I've been eyeing :-) No, it won't center the
tripod mounting, but it sure will make using a tripod lots nicer-no more
awkwardly screwing the camera down, and possibly cross-threading the
socket.

Specializing in interesting, quality junk.
Sherline items sought