Subject: Re: LTM Repairs!
From: David Young <youngs@IslandNet.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 17:04:33 -0800 (PST)

At 11:40 AM 19/12/96 +0000, you wrote:
>> Date:          Thu, 19 Dec 1996 07:04:48 -0500
>> To:            leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>> From:          wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
>> Subject:       Re: LTM Repairs!
>
>> There is NO WAY that I would send my mint IIIg via the postal service!
>
>Dealing a lot with UPS, USPS, and Fed Ex I'm starting to believe USPS
>has the best service.  They have some strange rules and you have to
>do some digging to find out the best way ship but the prices are
>reasonable and I've yet to have something lost or damaged.

Ken:

I recently sent my R5 the 3000 miles to Kinderman via Canada Post with great
success. I packed it in that Bubble-pack plastic sheeting, till I had at
least 3" of bubble-pack on all sides of the body. In a sturdy cardboard box,
and crumpled paper to take up any slack space - it arrived just fine.  Just
be *sure* to ask them to send it back packed the same way!!!
David Young             |  No electrons were hurt
Victoria, B.C. CANADA   |  in the creation of
youngs@IslandNet.com    |  this message.