Subject: Re: Angenieux
From: David Young <youngs@IslandNet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 17:39:28 -0800 (PST)

At 01:24 PM 18/12/96 -0800, someone wrote:

  <snip>
  >The [Leica] 35-70 is supposed to be an amzing zoom lens.

Indeed it is.  I have trouble telling it's photos from those of my 90mm
Sumicron!

  >I believe that most, if not all of the lenses built by other
  >companies for the different Leica systems were built to Leica
  >specifications, so theoretically they should all be excellent quality
  >lenses, whether this is true in practice is another question.

The only one I've heard not-so-good things about is the new, low-cost
28~70mm (supposedly built by Tamron[?]) - again, presumably to Leica specs.
Does anybody have some first-hand experience with this lens?

Best Wishes for a great holiday and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year
to you all.

David.