Subject: flash for the Leica
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 08:56:05 +0545 (+0545)

>Well, the M cameras have a PC connector and, in later ones, a hot shoe.
>There's no TTL, warnings in the viewfinder, etc.  So I would say you could
>use any flash or flashes you wish, depending upon the project.  What project
>did you have in mind?--Charlie
>
>Charles E. Love, Jr.
>CEL14@CORNELL.EDU

Hello Charles,

        You asked about my project.  I am photographing Nepali (Newari)
metal craftsmen who work with the lost wax process for metalwork.  Most of
the locations are very poorly lit with some very bright areas where the sun
is shining in.  I never usually use a flash but this lighting is rather
extreme and I would like to light up the shadows a little.

Ian Stanley
Kathmandu, Nepal

ian@mos.com.np