Subject: RE: Leica service rates in Canada
From: KEVIN BURKE <KBURKE@iterated.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 96 09:28:00 EST

From: Dan Cardish

>[...] the official leica distrubuters in Canada.  They are offering a CLA
(Clean,
>Lubricate and Adjust) for Leicas.  For the M6 in particular, they are
>charging $340 Can. (about $250 U.S.) for this service.  Is this the normal
>fee for this kind of work?  It seems rather excessive.  [...]

I phoned Leica USA several weeks ago to get a rough estimate for a
CLA for an M4-P.  The going rate was around $225 for the "older Ms" but
 the lead time was 8 weeks.  I had an M6 done by them about 18 months
ago when they were running a special price.  The regular price for the M6
at that time was around $225-$250.  I haven't seen any promotions for
special pricing  on service since then.

 - Kevin
kburke@iterated.com