Subject: Re: M6 shutter hiccups
From: KEVIN BURKE <KBURKE@iterated.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 96 10:40:00 EST

>From: Jeff Segawa

>The M-series are not designed for rapid-fire sequences at slower shutter
>speeds. Solution: wait 'till you hear the timing mechanism stop buzzing
>before you fire off another shot, else you'll get the too-short exposures
>that you have noticed.  [...]

I had a different experience.  I used the later model M4-2 winder on an M4-2
(allows exposures at the winder's rate  when holding the shutter release
down) and it seemed to work OK between 1/8 sec and 1 sec.  The winder
started to wind after the second shutter curtain closed rather than wait for
the shutter mechanicals to stabilize.  I've not tried this on an M6 however.

 - Kevin
kburke@iterated.com