Subject: Re: M6 shutter hiccups
From: "Jeff Segawa" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: 14 Dec 96 21:30:41 -0600

>I was just playing with my M6 and listening to the fascinating sound of
a one second exposure when I heard it give what were roughly two 1/8 sec
exposures and a couple of 1/2 sec exposures.

The M-series are not designed for rapid-fire sequences at slower shutter
speeds. Solution: wait 'till you hear the timing mechanism stop buzzing
before you fire off another shot, else you'll get the too-short exposures
that you have noticed. Your M6 is just fine; I've owned 3 M's myself, and
all of them behave in exactly this manner. It's a little annoying, but in
actual practice, it doesn't make a big difference, as you will not likely
be in a great hurry to take a number of shots at 1 sec!
Specializing in interesting, quality junk.
Sherline items sought