Subject: Re: Leica Camera Stock & 70-180 APO Zoom
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@spherenet.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 16:01:11 -0400

At 10:16 AM 13-12-96 -0800, Jim wrote:
[snip]   The correct URL is:

>http://www.deutsche-bank.de/cgi/stock
>
>and Leica Camera is listed as Last, Close, Spot, & Previous

Yes, it is there.  It will be interesting to follow it for a while, though I
don't expect the sort of volatility I find with American high teck stocks.

>About the 70-180 APO Zoom. I managed to get one when they first came out. I
>REALLY like this lens. It is indeed
>
>S H A R P
>
>My local dealer said that they weren't impressed by the slow focus (many
>turns to focus) but I find it a positive aspect as you can easily focus
>critically. It's not a sports lens. But it is REALLY SHARP and easy to
>handle. Basically I love it!!!

The thing that impressed me the most about the lens I saw  was the sence of
precision in the focus and zoom functions.  It probably will be slow to use,
but so what?  It appears to be an example of lens making at its finest,
without compromise.

Dan C.