Subject: Re: Leitz glass vs. Zeiss G-Mount glass or M6 vs. G2
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 14:36:16 -0500

I haven't compared the glass, but did try working with a G-1 when first
introduced. It felt sloppy and not well put together. The results I got from
it were quite good, but the body quality was not there in relation to the CL
which I use. A friend some 8 months ago sold his CL and IIIG and purchased a
G-1 with the available 4 lenses. It felt far better than the one I tried.
However, he is a rather hard user and within 4 months was complaining that
it was not going to hold up. He traded it towards another IIIG and CL and
went back to the old ways.

I haven't played with the G-2 yet, but though I like Contax (Zeiss) lenses,
I don't think I'd move away from a Leica M for one. I do think that if I
were to go to an SLR, the S2 or AX would be front contenders though.

You already have a fine system started. Why not go for a M6 and keep the
lenses you have (and presumably know). The difference in $ shouldn't be that
great since it is only the body, and either trade the M4-P or keep it as a
back up.

Brian Levy, J.D.
Agincourt Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com