Subject: wanted: cheap LTM kit for high-theft areas
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 14:18:41 -0500

Most of my photography happens in safe places.  However, occasionally
I travel to places where the grab-and-run style of theft is common.  I
do like taking pictures in such places.  I've been thinking I'd like
to get a cheap Leica-thread-mount kit, a body and the usual spread of
wide-angle, normal, and short telephoto lenses, for occasions like
these.

I'd like it to have slow shutter speeds, and I don't mind using
accessory finders.  I don't require that all or even any of this be
made by Leica, but I do want a reliable body.  What's the hot tip for
doing this for less than $500?