Subject: Re: OK, the results
From: "Charles E. Dunlap" <cdunlap@rupture.ucsc.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 11:06:07 -0700

I'm sorry to see you go, Roger. You've made useful contributions, but if
all you can see in Oddmund's posts is a political viewpoint different from
your own then perhaps your leaving is for the best. It's irrelevant to my
interest in being a member of this list how you vote or your views on
social issues, etc. These things creep into various posts and we'd do best
to let them go if we don't agree personally.

I wonder what sort of political discussions our favorite professional Leica
photographers would have. I bet there would be disagreement, but perhaps
not discord.

Fare well.

- -Charlie

>Oddmund came
>riding in here on a damn white horse with snotty remarks about western and
>northern imperialists in, I believe, his 2nd or 3rd post to the list. As a
>western imperialist, I'm proud as hell of it, and take umbrage when somebody
>has the temerity to initiate the subject,

              Charles E. Dunlap
         Earth Sciences Deptartment
          University of California
            Santa Cruz, CA 95064
Tel.: (408) 459-5228    Fax.: (408) 459-3074