Subject: Re: OK, the results
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 18:18:56 -0500

Roger, I'm sorry to see you leaving the list.  I enjoyed many of your
posts in the past, but I (like others) didn't see why you felt it
necessary to respond so often and so negatively to Oddmund's thoughts.
I did not always agree with everything that Oddmund said, but I found
his thoughts intriguing and interesting and enjoyed reading them.  I
didn't think your responses were really arguments with the issues he
raised; instead you just seemed to be trying to get him to shut up by
directing barbed comments at him, and this is what bothered me.

On the other hand I've enjoyed reading a lot of other messages you've
posted in the past couple of years while I've been on the list, and I
wish you would keep posting those sorts of messages -- informative
messages or messages asking interesting questions -- and fewer
combative messages.