Subject: Re: AGFA: Developing APX 100 [rec.photo.equipment.35mm #41566]
From: gregm@world.std.com (Greg Mironchuk)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 07:55:19 -0400

At 9:35 PM 11/18/96, Wolfgang Sachse wrote:

>After develping, the developing solution takes on a deep
>purple-blue color. Is that some kind of disolved
>anti-halation coating?
>
>Should I rinse the film in cold water before starting the
>Rodinal?
>
>Or not to worry about it. I see nothing in the instructions.

Don't worry... Be Happy!

Many new films have distinctly colored anti-halation layers that come off
during developing. A pre-soak is only recommended if you're using
replenishable developers... not "one-shot" developers, like Rodinal... and
mostly just to keep the person doing the developing from "Freaking Out"
over the color of the developer in his container, in his darkroom...
there's no effect on the developer, itself, and most often... the color
dissipates, anyway.

                                      Greg.

                                                      Greg Mironchuk
                                              409 Central St, Saugus, MA 01906