Subject: Re: What would an M7 have?
From: Bert Keuken <b.k@pi.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 19:17:34 +0100

Christopher Hoover wrote:

> Someone mentioned a successor to the M6 recently. What would you want in
> an M7?

There's only one thing I'd like to see in an M7: the metering area. The
way I envision it you have two frames and two circles representing the
metering area. If it's possible but Leica thinks this will confuse the
finder frames they should offer this as an option. Guestimating the
metering area with the two-thirds rule still isn't natural to me after
five years of using Leica M.

A zoom-to-focal-lenght viewfinder would be nice, but that's impossible
to realise within the confines of the M6 body. If Leica were to add such
a feature, the viewfinder would have to stick out just like the Contax
viewfinder. Speak about ugly. I remember having read that according to
Leica the next M camera (if it ever comes) isn't to be bigger than the
current M6. They haven't forgotten the ill-fated M5 at Leica.

Bert