Subject: Re: Bruckner Edition M6
From: Bert Keuken <b.k@pi.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 18:30:09 +0100

Michael Reichmann wrote:

> The price -- hold your hats -- DM 14,300, or about US $10,000.

Ridiculous! It seems Leica is in need of a lot money, according to the =

number of limited edition series. I've made a list of limited edition M6
models (not chronological, and probably incomplete):

Model			Number of units
- ---------------------------------------
M6 LHSA				200
M6 Platinum			1250
M6G "Elmar"			100
M6 Benelux			?
M6 Columbus			200
M6 Rooster			267
M6J				1640
M6 Br=FCckner			?
M6 "Ein st=FCck Leica"		996
M6 Brunei			?
M6 Foto Royal			102
M6 "Thailand"			?

The point of this list? Leica knows it can make huge profits from these
limited edition camera's. The price of a limited edition M6 doesn't
reflect the effort to make one!

By the way, do you think the blue leather is ugly? I bet you've never
seen the M6 Foto Royal, it's red. Not a modest red but fire-engine-red!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Regards Bert