Subject: Re: Bruckner Edition M6
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 12:27:35 -0500

   From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
   Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 17:51:46 -0700

   I really fail to see the reason for having a Bruckner M6. Next, we will have
   a Mozart M6. What we really need is an M7.

It could be worse.  They could produce a lizardskin diamond-studded
gold-plated Liberace M6!

   Anyway, no disrespect to Bruckner, but Leica seems to be running short on
   ideas. For the less well to do, they sell pins, watches, and cups. For the
   well to do, they sell special editions.

They have plenty of ideas.  But almost all of them seem to be on the
SLR side of the business.  I don't entirely understand this, unless
their marketing research is telling them not to update the M6.
However, I don't think anyone would mind an M6.2 with, say, faster
flash sync, or a spotmeter.