Subject: Re: What would an M7 have?
From: "Roger L. Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 07:37:38 -0700 (MST)

>Dan,
>
>I take issue with you.
>
>The M5 is a fine camera. It is just too big and heavy. This is due to the
>technology of the time. Today, we should be able to have an M5 in an M4
>package. Also, this new camera would have other features, which have been
>perfected in the last three decades.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Chris

Perhaps, Chris, but the point is that only existing technology can be
brought to bear at any given time. What can be done today couldn't have
influenced what the M5 was.

The M6 is pretty packed now and would not appear to lend itself to LSI
(large scale integration) to the extent necessary to pack in a lot of new
features.

I'd be happy if all they ever do to the M6 is to make loading easier.
- --
Roger Beamon
            Naturalist & Photographer
            Docent:  Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum