Subject: Vario-Elmar-R 28-70mm
From: Reg Ronaldson <reg.ronaldson@zetnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 19:38:50 GMT

What are leica users' opions of this lens?

When I bought my R4 it came with this lens but I don't feel
comfortable with it. Admittedly the 28-70 zoom feature is useful but
it doesn't feel like a Leica lens. I know it's almost the cheapest
lens they sell. I just hate that floppy fit built in lens hood! and
the general feel of it.
I keep going back to my 35mm Elmarit-R, 50mm Summicron-R and 90mm
Elmarit-R lenses which I find so much more satisfying to use. I am
thinking of trading it in against a used 135mm Elmarit-R or 180mm Elmar-R.
- --
Reg Ronaldson           Norwich,Norfolk,England