Subject: Filter adaptors
From: Reg Ronaldson <reg.ronaldson@zetnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 07:57:13 GMT

I have early versions of the 35mm Elmarit-R, 50mm Summicron-R and
90mm Elmarit-R lenses which have Series VI and Series VII filter
threads. Does anyone know where I can get adaptor rings to use 55mm
filters on these lenses. A have a HAMA catalogue which does list this
kind of adaptor but because of the minimum order quantity I can't get
a local dealer to order them for me. I know I can get them made in UK
but it would be very expensive.

I have just received the latest Leica new equipment price list. Why
are the polarising filters so expensive? The price list quotes 231UKP
for the E-60mm circular polarising filter. I bought one of these, the
genuine Leica article, boxed, for 30UKP at a local camera fair
earlier this year.

- --
Reg Ronaldson           Norwich,Norfolk,England