Subject: Leica Intro SLR Choice
From: "Dave" <gannet@cftnet.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 00:09:23 -5

I would like to find out if *I* can see that "Leica Look" and whether
it suits me.  I've read plenty of opinions of others, both here and
on Compuserve, but I know that no one can make this determination but
me.

So, I'd like advice on a "cheap" used SLR camera and lens from Leica
- -that will show off the Leica look at its best-.  I've been using
Nikon for years so it will have to be better than that.  I tend to
like 50mm lenses a lot, so that would be preferred, but alternatives
considered.

The point about "cheap" isn't that I can't afford Leica, I can (it's
still a stretch).  Rather, this is an experiment, and I would like
to be able to get in cheaply and get out with most of my money if I
decide Leica is not for me.  On the other hand, if I did decide to
stay with Leica, I would want this camera to be a reasonable backup
body.

TIA,

Dave