Subject: keeping quotation under control
From: Jack Campin <jack@purr.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 17:59:26 +0000

wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox) wrote:
> I like enough quotation to remind me of the thread.

This is a good idea, but it never takes an entire article to do that.

> Perhaps you are just to busy for LUG.

I'm not too busy to devote enough time editing and proofreading my articles
that my point comes across without readers having to wade through computer
noise or stuff they've read before.  If you aren't prepared to put some of
your *own* time into saving time (and money; quotation costs in phone bills)
for your readers, you shouldn't be using this medium.  It's just arrogance
to think that your throwaway remarks always deserve a global audience without
any effort being put into expressing them right.  (I spent about 15 minutes
on this one).

Enough on this.  Let's wait & see if anybody was listening.