Subject: Re: stupid editing in messages
From: jredfern@ftn.net (J. Redfern)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 96 11:03 EDT

>The short of it is that the Digest could be a third of its length with NO
>LOSS OF CONTENT WHATEVER, if posters would take a more responsible attitude
>to editing and set their mail software up correctly.  I am on several mailing
>lists and this one is by far the worst in this respect.
>jack@purr.demon.co.uk

Yeeehaw! Go get 'em Jack. Finally someone else who makes good use of
listservers and finds life getting slowed by a motley few.
        Perhaps the problem lies between those who use the listservers as a
source of information and entertainment and those for whom the list serves
as a social life. When you enjoyed someone's posting and would like to let
them know of such, perhaps a reply by e-mail to the original poster would
be the way to go; not all 200+ users wish to read a verbal pat on the back
and especially not when headered as something worth reading.
        Come on guys, a little effort would go a long way.