To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Film preferences
From: fl1pper@frii.com
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 18:57:56 -0600 (MDT)

Up until recently I've used TriX for everything I do B&W. I saw some prints
made from Tmax 400 and really liked the results. I'm just starting to play
with this film. In the same pile of prints the guy had done some stuff with
Tmax 3200 and it was lifeless and grainy. Grain is good - I'm not knocking
it, but this was really nasty. TriX at 1600 in D76 for 13min @ 68deg is my
mainstay. I've been doing this recipe for a long time and know it like I
know my way to the bathroom in the dark. I like contrast and moderate grain
- this works for me. I have not made a color picture (truth) in 12 years. On
this subject I have nothing to add.

ben.holmes