To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: LUG Cyber Swapmeet
From: fl1pper@frii.com
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 11:02:49 -0600 (MDT)

I've had the chance to go through a few drawers and bags and have collected
all of my Leica bits and pieces into a pile. Most of this stuff is of no use
to me. This got me thinking. Has the idea of an online Leica swapmeet ever
been suggested?

"Spaces" in the form of single posts could be used. Each person could list
his or her (by the way, in case no one has noticed, there are no hers here)
wares and the price and condition. Folks could browse and bid/buy/trade the
items that interest them. It could be done on a weekend or a single day.
After the dust settles it would be up to the individuals to square up via
UPS or whathaveyou.

I've "been" to one of these for Porsche parts a few years ago and it was
really neat. I bought a few things and sold even more. I'd be happy to help
organize such an event. If, of course, anyone's interested.

ben.holmes