To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: My Response
From: fl1pper@frii.com
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 08:11:43 -0600 (MDT)

Wow! I went to bed last night proud of the work I've done in the five
corners area of Denver. I woke up this morning an insensitive photographer
who has "missed the point". Funny, no one on the LUG has ever seen my work.
Insensitive. According to Mr. Putzloff I storm through the back alleys and
boweries, "taking" from these people without regard to their humanity.
Again, no one has seen the pictures. Jason continues by saying that I got
what I deserved down there (is "down a denigrating term") because of my
behavior. I acted not as a friend to my subjects. I am a truly bad man. Once
again, no one (including Jason) has seen my pictures.

I'm even more outrageous because I had my equipment replaced by insurance
that I have piad for for years and never filed a claim against. How dare I
have means.

Jason's Signature indicates his affiliation with some junior college or
university somewhere. I'm glad to know that sophomoric idealism is still
alive in our institutions. Jason, wake up. The word "hispanic" is not an
aspersion. The word "wino" or "drunk" or "addict" or "user" is just a word.
I've been down there for several months almost daily. I've given these
people clothing when it snowed early in September, I drained an abcess on a
man's hand and dressed it with bandages I bought with my dirty capitalist
dollars. I've fed these people countless times.

I've always felt that a man should be judged by his deeds not his words. By
flaming me, your words have becaome your deeds. Until you've walked in my
shoes, smelled the piss and walked through the vomit - until you've been
close enough to smell the breath on MY subjects - keep your opinions on me
to yourself.

Enough said. Now run along, I hear the school bell ringing.

Regards,

ben.holmes

P.S. - I will no longer read nor respond to any posts on the mugging thread.
I have been victimized already.