To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Hmm Great new question - AGE
From: MBell@mail.utexas.edu (Michael Bell)
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 11:01:29 -0500

dlevy@worldy.com writes:

>At 08:59  04/10/96 -0700, you wrote:
>

>>Leicaphiles have a reputation for being the stodgy, old, well heeled
>>grouches of the camera enthusiasts,
>
>>--
>>Roger Beamon,  Naturalist & Photographer
>>                          Docent:  Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
>>                          Leica Historical Society Of America
>>                          INTERNET:  beamon@primenet.com
>>
>New question for the group.
>
>Just how old are we? It is understandable that possibly the average age of a
>Leica user or collector is somewhat older than say the Nikon, etc. user for
>it takes a higher income or greater assets to acquire a $2,000.00 lens than
>a $200.00 lens.

Several months ago I asked if at 30 I was the youngest on the list.  Turned
out there was one person younger but not by much.  The list membership has
grown considerably and I am feeling a little less like the youngster.  :)
I'm often refered to by family and friends as grumpy and grouchy, so maybe
I fit the bill somehow afterall.  :)

I would not even begin to be able to afford a Leica if I had not lucked
into an M3 at a garage sale.  Now the frustrating part is I can't afford
anymore lenses.

My M3 is from before I was born.  I listen to LPs that are older than I am
through tube amps that are older than I am.  Somehow I feel there must be a
connection between the glow of an RCA Living Stereo LP and a Lecia lens.  I
think I was born at the wrong time.

Michael Bell
MBell@mail.utexas.edu

Replies: Reply from Brad Reisner <BReisner@BOMC.TIMEINC.COM> (Re: Hmm Great new question - AGE)