To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Experts on the list. [was Re: Got my M3 fixed (finally)]
From: MBell@mail.utexas.edu (Michael Bell)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 15:24:15 -0500

>> >Put yourself in Don's place. He would be instantly targeted by us all
>> >with all manner of questions about whatever we had on our minds. [ etc...]
>>
>> This is one of the most polite and respectable lists I am on.  For those
>> that just joined, the recent heated discussion is not typical.  I would
>> think that most everyone on here would have a great deal of respect for Mr.
>> Goldberg.
>
>Good grief, Mike. I said nothing about not respecting Don Goldberg. I
>merely made the point that we would be a lot of work for a busy guy
>who is constantly trying to meet customer's perceived service needs.
>Please read more carefully what I wrote.

Perhaps respect was not a good word choice.  What I meant was I don't think
Mr. Goldberg's email box would be swamped from members of this group with
simple personal questions.  The great thing about mailing lists is that you
can read them when you want to.  If you don't have the time or have no
interest in certain messages you can easily delete them.

If he joined, the list would not be any more effort than he would want it
to be.  Obviously if he has not the time or desire, he is not going to join
the list at all though.  He might even hate computers for all we know.

Michael Bell
MBell@mail.utexas.edu