To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Good book
From: Dave Topper <topper@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 11:01:52 -0400

Hello,

I am looking for some good books on photography in the following
order of preference.  I have bought "The Leica Manual & Data Book
from 1961 ... it has explained some things, but not enough on
technique IMO.

1)  Using my Leica M3

	- I think I know all its functions and have a good
	understanding of how it works.  I would like to find
	out more about technique ... either for the rangefinder
	or in general

2)  Using light meters

	- I'm not sure which one to get.  My Leica Meter MC seems
	a bit inaccurate (or perhaps I'm using it wrong).

	I take the following kinds of shots:

	a.  Scenic views from Mountain Tops
	b.  Various nature shots
	c.  Star shots (night sky)
		- any good telescopes I can latch my M3 to?
	d.  Misc. shots (people, anything of interest)
	e.  New York City skyline at night
	f.  Nudes in low light (hope to do more of these!)

	So I don't know if I should get a spot, incident, or whatever
	kind of light meter.

Thanks very much.  Email responses would be very much appreciated as I do
not always get copies of the digest.

DT
--
Dave Topper (me)
Student of:  Life, Computer Music and Art.