To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Tamarkin Comments
From: Dave Topper <topper@panix.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 12:31:38 -0400

Hello,

I just started using my Leica M3 a few months ago.  In an
effort to find out more about the camera (and buy a lens cap)
I went down to Tamarkin in NYC.  I was lucky enough to meet
Mr. Jim Lager who was nice enough to spend about an hour with
me explaining the use and history of this wonderful advice.

The fact that folks like this work there is a testimony to the
quality of craft and service.  If you're going to start bashing
people for having too much money, start at the top with Mr. Bill
Gates.

I mean, jeez, doesn't it make sense for the owner of one of America's
finest Leica dealerships to collect Leicas?  At least he's consistent
and to the point.  I don't think it has anything to do with the Jackie O
auction.  Here were talking about auctioning something that is collectible
for good reasons.  Photography has benefitted human kind much more than
the Kennedy legacy.  To prize bits of its history seems like a slightly
more noble pursuit than framing JFK's underwear.

DT
--
Dave Topper (me)
Student of:  Life, Computer Music and Art.