To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Emotive lenses
From: John Cooper <John@fireship.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 1996 22:44:39

In article: <memo.415335@cix.compulink.co.uk>
dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk writes:
> Guitar players (me included) use tube amps because they distort like
> sh**, not a characteristic one would want in a hifi.
>
> Me, I'd like to see one of the modern 'electric moustrap' AF cameras
> implemented with all the electronics using valves (or tubes, for our
> transatlantic friends) :-)
>
> And an all valve CD player (as in the D to A and error correction too)
> would be most entertaining...loft conversion anyone?

OK, but as someone with a foot in both camps (leica's and tube amps),
could I just point out that the people in rec.photo.latest.whizz-bang
are all laughing at us using the awful old mechanical stuff.

Tha argument runs true, if you can't believe its better, go and check it
out, you just might be wrong.

Leica's can let you take the best pictures, valves let you hear the best
music.

p.s. guitar amps that distort were made on purpose like 90 mm Thambar
lenses. :-)

--
John Cooper